You might wonder what is wrong with your air conditioner when it runs perfectly but has no cooling effect. Are you trying to figure out why your air conditioner is running fine but not cooling your home?
In this article, we will explain the reason and a way to fix the problem. If you feel like consulting a technician would be the best option, you can gladly choose to find air conditioning tune-ups in Las Vegas.
1. Seven reasons for your HVAC system to not cool
The main reason why your air conditioner is running but not cooling is that,
- The thermostat is not set in the right position.
- Your AC’s air filter is dirty.
- The condenser unit might be clogged.
- The evaporator coil might have frozen.
- There is a leak in your refrigerant.
- The air conditioner is undersized.
- The heat pump is damaged.
2. How do you fix your air conditioner that is not cooling?
- Reset your thermostat: Ensure all doors are closed and check if your thermostat is set to automatic, not to the fan mode. When switched to the fan mode, it may run all the time without giving you the desired cooling effect.
- Maintain the system: Maintaining each part of your air conditioner is important to ensure it is working well. You can contact experts for AC installation in Las Vegas. Once they ensure your system is working fine, you need not worry about anything.
- Clean the air filter: Though you may leave it unnoticed, replacing or cleaning the air filter plays a major role in providing you with cool effects. The dirt and dust may disrupt the airflow of your air conditioner, which can also lead to an expensive repair in the future.
- Clean the coils: The condenser and evaporator coils go hand-in-hand when providing you with an optimized effect. The cold air can be affected even if one of them gets dirty. You may have to gently remove the metals and clean the system’s exterior and interior units.
- Check the condensation drain: Make sure to check whether there is any algae or fungus formed inside the condensation drain as it majorly helps remove the humidity through condensation. When the process is clogged, it may disable the humid air from flowing outside.
- Ensure there are no refrigerant leaks: Refrigerants are the heart of your HVAC system, making it essential to maintain them regularly. See that all the leaks are properly sealed as refrigerant helps absorb the heat and gives you a cool environment.
These are the important points to keep in mind while fixing your AC. If you feel skeptical about opening the parts by yourself and cleaning them, you can rely on us.
At Paramount Air, we provide certified HVAC experts who are ready to be at your service on your demand. Contact us to know more about our services.