Professional heating equipment maintenance is recommended to keep it in good operating condition. It is also necessary to maintain the validity of any manufacturer’s warranty. Homeowners may expect their HVAC system to last 15 years or more with routine maintenance.
That does not mean it will be trouble-free for the remainder of its life, but maintenance can save money and headaches by detecting minor flaws that, if ignored, can lead to costly repairs and replacement before they are required.
Why Should I Have My Furnace Serviced?
- It is best to have heating equipment maintenance twice a year by a licensed professional like heating repair in Las Vegas, NV.
- According to some experts, up to 75% of no-heat calls result from a neglected repair in the winter.
- A neglected furnace might go out of commission unexpectedly, putting your family in the cold.
- Inadequate maintenance of your furnace, whether electric or gas, can lead it to perform less efficiently, causing it to work harder, raising your monthly power expenses.
How Frequently Should You Service Your Furnace?
The HVAC system keeps your home comfortable regardless of the outside temperature. Your system will work to keep the inside air warm throughout the year. It’s one of the most crucial components of a home, and you want it to function flawlessly at all times. Like most equipment, appliances, and devices, HVAC systems are prone to malfunctions, which is why they must be maintained and serviced at least twice a year.
A certified professional should do routine heating equipment maintenance, which should include the following items:
- Checking the level of refrigerant and testing for leaks.
- Lubricating mechanical parts like belts and motors.
- Thoroughly clean the fan and blower motors, as well as the condenser.
- Performing a thermostat diagnostic.
- Inspecting the ductwork to ensure proper sealing.
- Measurement of airflow.
- Inspecting electrical components such as connectors, terminals, and fuses.
- Conducting a system-wide safety check.
What Exactly Does This Furnace Servicing Entail?
The furnace is a complicated system with many moving parts, so you’ll want to ensure they’re all working correctly. When you have your furnace fixed, you can be confident that the expert specialists will thoroughly inspect it.
The professionals know the concerns to look for, particularly the individual components. Various pros will have their procedures for checking that every component in your appliance is working correctly.
Is It Necessary To Do Yearly Inspections And Tune-Ups?
All furnace manufacturers recommend regular maintenance by a skilled technician. Their warranties further state that they will not cover any damage to the system caused by a lack of maintenance. Is this to say that if you miss a year or two of heating servicing, your guarantee is suddenly null and void? Most likely not.
However, if your device is severely damaged, the manufacturers strongly advise furnace repair in Las Vegas, NV. It is beneficial and will help identify the problems and correct them before they worsen.