Some individuals fear that their air conditioner runs too frequently. Others worry that it is insufficient. How can you determine what is typical for an air conditioner cycle when there are so many different air conditioners and various types of homes on the market?
AC Running All Day: Normal Or Not?
An air conditioner should, under ideal circumstances, run for 15-20 minutes at a time in mild temperatures. Any less, and your air conditioner might be too big for your house. If your air conditioner runs nonstop, your electricity bill will undoubtedly suffer.
It’s simple to avoid problems with your air conditioner with yearly maintenance and a correctly sized air conditioner. An average air conditioner should run for 15 to 20 minutes on a warm day. It might never turn off in some circumstances, and that’s the issue requiring AC repair in Las Vegas.
Factors That May Make Your Air Conditioner Run continuously
- Restricted Airflow: Your air conditioner will struggle to operate if the airflow to or from it is restricted. A faulty motor and a dirty, clogged air filter are two things that can impede airflow. You can verify this idea by placing your hand beside an open vent. You’ll experience a weak, cold airstream.
- The Outside Temperature: The longer it takes for your air conditioner to achieve the temperature you want, the hotter it is. It is especially true during periods of excessive humidity. You shouldn’t be frightened if your air conditioner runs more frequently on hot days. You can sleep well as long as the temperature inside is comfortable and cold air is blowing from your vents.
- Dirty Evaporator Coils: The accumulation of dirt and dust hampers the evaporator coils’ ability to absorb heat. This task should be left to the air conditioning tune-up in Las Vegas experts and is covered by our yearly tune-ups. Your system will produce warm air instead of cold air, which is the opposite of what it was designed to achieve.
- Age Of The Air Conditioner: The average lifespan of an air conditioner that receives regular maintenance is 15 years. Your air conditioner will naturally need to work a little more as it ages to provide you with the same results. However, an air conditioner over ten years old, constantly running, and requiring air conditioning tune-up in Las Vegas costs you money.
- Wrong-Sized Air Conditioner: Your home’s air conditioner must operate nonstop to maintain the desired temperature. It will cause your AC to degrade more quickly. A shorter lifespan and more repairs result from increased wear and tear. Unfortunately, the only long-term solution to this issue is to purchase an air conditioner that is the right size, which may be much more expensive.