As it gets sunnier and temperatures start to heat up in Las Vegas, it’s evident that summer is right around the corner. You’ll, most probably, want to make sure that your AC is prepared to keep you cool. But how do you know if it needs a little tweaking? If you notice any of the below-mentioned warning signs, you most probably need an AC repair:
- Warm Air: If there’s hot air blowing out of your unit’s vents, check the thermostat. Make sure it’s in cooling mode and set it lower than room temperature. If warm air is still in vogue, there might be restricted airflow or a compressor issue.
At this point, your AC requires some professional tuning in Las Vegas, if that is where you live. After all, AC cooling systems are knotty and require careful calibration.
- Insufficient Air Circulation: Poor airflow is usually a sign that your AC isn’t working right or a blockage preventing air from moving through your home’s ductwork. A clogged air filter, a broken motor, or something more serious may be the culprit.
If insufficient airflow is a frequent visitor, an energy-recovery ventilator can boost your AC by exchanging stale air with fresh air every time your system cycles. Alternatively, zoning systems can ensure good air circulation and cooling power.
- Frequent Cycles: Your AC goes through regular cooling cycles, no matter the weather. Though your cooling system may turn on more often during peak summers, it shouldn’t cycle on and off constantly. If you notice frequent cycles, seek professional help. A quick AC tune-up may resolve it while also indicating that you need a new AC.
- High Humidity: Your AC should be able to moderate humidity levels automatically. If your cooling system can’t keep up, you need an AC repair. An expert can quickly diagnose the issue and let you know whether your unit needs a simple re-calibration or consider a whole-house dehumidifier instead.
- Water Leaks: Your unit uses refrigerant gas to cool your home and may produce condensation in the process. Neither of these should accumulate or leak into your home. Pooled water or a leak anywhere near your unit is a red light. Immediately, call a licensed technician as leaks can lead to serious structural issues.
- Bad Odours: If you smell unpleasant odors and suspect that they’re coming from your unit, best seek professional help before it gets smellier. Ultraviolet lamps can help eliminate persistent microbial growth in your unit. Duct cleaning can also address odor issues that have accumulated in the ductwork.
- Weird Noises: Most ACs make low-level noise as they start up and shut down. But loud, sudden or unusual noises may be signaling red on your cooling system.
Rattling or buzzing may indicate a loose part, while whistling or grinding may signal something more serious. This, typically, isn’t a go-away-on-its-own kind of issue. So, a professional tune-up might be the solution.
We, Paramount Air, are here to provide you with expert advice or help regarding AC installation, repair, or maintenance in Las Vegas at (702) 861-0036. You can also mail us at email@example.com. It would be a pleasure for us to work with you.